Are you a school leaver looking for a rewarding challenge and is eager to learn and grow in a company doing great things? Or, are you seeking an exciting career change and have recently commenced studying and looking to kick start your career?
Habitat Planning is a vibrant Urban Planning and Design consultancy and we’re looking to welcome an organised, solutions-focused, and client-driven Cadet Planner to our team.
Offering a supportive pathway that positively impacts the places we live, work and thrive – a career at Habitat is waiting for you!
- Receive real on the job training working in a cohesive and well-supported team, whilst you work towards your qualifications
- Get exposure to a diverse range of projects and developments across Vic + NSW
- Above award salary + incentives
- Enjoy a flexible working environment – hello 4-day work week!
- Genuine professional development opportunities
About us –
Habitat Planning is in an exciting period of growth and we’re looking to fill some exciting roles within our small but mighty team on a permanent full-time basis from early 2024.
As the leading Urban Planning and Design consultancy in the Southern Riverina (NSW) and North-East (Victoria) we collaborate with people to deliver practical, sustainable and purpose-driven town planning and urban design solutions that can be enjoyed for years to come.
Based in Albury, NSW, we’re at a unique advantage in that we get to service clients across both sides of the Border. The work is fast paced, no two days are the same and the projects are diverse – simultaneously working on a range of exciting developments for both private and government clients throughout rural, regional and outer-metro areas of Victoria and New South Wales.
About the role –
Commencing as a Cadet Planner, this position provides excellent opportunity to obtain hands-on experience across a broad scope of projects within the streams of Urban Planning, Strategic Planning and Urban Design whilst providing direct access to clients – developers, government agencies and community.
We understand you won’t know it all, which is perfectly fine – we’re here to help you grow. We’re looking for someone who is open to a challenge, the good kind – has a ‘can-do’ attitude and a genuine interest in assisting clients to achieve their development outcomes.
The successful candidate will focus on supporting the team at all levels with the day-to-day running of planning project work, with tasks including though not limited to:
- Attending site investigations
- Preparing Development Applications (DA’s)
- Liaising with clients, project partners and regulatory authorities regarding planning and development updates, issues and advice
- Preparing due diligence reports and advice regarding the development of prospective sites
- Customer service and administration
You will have –
- Working towards a Degree in Urban/Town Planning or Design
- A can-do attitude, curiosity and enthusiasm for learning new things and being part of a team
- An ability and willingness to receive direction
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both written and oral
- Organisational skills and attention to detail
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
What’s on offer –
Habitat is a busy consultancy operating across both sides of the Victorian and New South Wales border where exposure to diverse and interesting projects is the everyday. And though we do seriously good work, we don’t take ourselves too seriously – people first is our approach.
Offering a flexible and inclusive work environment, we understand that work:life balance is integral to success, which we why we provide opportunity to subscribe to a 4-day work week as well a host of other benefits:
- Contemporary offices perfectly positioned in arms reach to coffee + delicious toasties
- Study assistance
- A supportive team environment
- Exposure to a diverse range of projects working alongside senior staff members
- Genuine career development pathways
Key contact –
For further information about this role, please contact David Hunter, Director on 02 6021 062 or enquire at email@example.com
The area –
Albury-Wodonga is much more than a place to visit. Nestled on the banks of the Murray River, at the foothills of the Victorian Alps, and within arm’s reach to the prized Rutherglen and King Valley Wine Regions, this cross-border community offers the city lifestyle with a friendly, regional backdrop.
Centrally positioned to Sydney (5-hour drive), Canberra (3-hour drive) and Melbourne (3-hour drive) with direct access via the Hume Highway, Albury-Wodonga is also well connected by a domestic airport, the NSW CountryLink and V/Line train networks offering several services each day.
With a growing population of around 100,000 and recognised as Australia’s 20th largest city, the investment in infrastructure to accommodate a thriving economy and community is immense. And what this means for you as a valued member of Habitat – is that you get to be a driver of that!